We are always looking for volunteers!
- Volunteers to work at booths at various fund raising and informational events
- People to locate grant opportunities
- Grant writers
- Make official scrapbook for WI Vest-A-Dog, and a book for dogs already vested
- Help to make and distribute canisters to businesses and events
- Volunteers to coordinate fund raising and informational events
- Ideas for fund raisers, coordinate those fund raisers and/or work at those fund raisers
- Informal photo album of K-9’s who have received their vests – for use at events
- Recruit volunteers to help with fund raising and informational work in every County throughout Wisconsin
- Any other ideas you may have to help our organization raise money to put a stab- proof and bullet-proof vest on every K-9 in Wisconsin
If you are interested in volunteering with Vest-A-Dog of Wisconsin, please contact us.
Plan a Fundraiser!
Will your event be at home, at the office, at a park or somewhere a little different? Think about what time of the year is best and find out what else is going on in the local area
Take a look at some Fundraising Ideas to get you started
Set your donation or entry fee for the event and plan some fundraising activities such as a raffle or auction to raise even more money. Think about any costs you may incur and make sure you stick to your budget!
The more guests you have, the more you can raise! Email, phone, blog and send out the details of your event to all your friends, family and colleagues.
Put up posters in your local area or contact local media for coverage if you want even more people to know about your fundraiser.
Contact local businesses to donate items, prizes or display posters. Ask friends, family and colleagues to help out, donate and get their ideas. Ask other members on this forum for extra help and ideas.
And let them know that their donations are tax- deductible.
The more fun you and your guests have, the more they are likely to give! While having fun, it is vital that in holding any event you protect yourself and others by keeping it safe and legal.
Everyone who comes to your event will be making a difference, so let them know how much they have helped.